Website accessibility consulting is a valuable service that goes beyond simply meeting legal requirements. It actively enhances the user experience for everyone, including individuals with disabilities. Here’s why it matters:
- Enhanced Accessibility for All Users: Website accessibility consulting ensures that your online content is accessible to a wider audience. This includes individuals with disabilities such as visual or hearing impairments, motor disabilities, and cognitive challenges. By addressing accessibility issues, you make it easier for everyone to access and engage with your website.
- Identification and Resolution of Accessibility Issues: Accessibility consultants conduct comprehensive audits to identify potential and existing accessibility barriers on your website. They then provide effective solutions to address these issues. This process ensures that your site complies with accessibility standards like the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and is inclusive to all.
- Improved Usability and Navigation: Accessibility goes hand in hand with usability. By making your website more accessible, you inherently improve its overall usability. Users can navigate your site more easily, find information effortlessly, and have a smoother browsing experience. This, in turn, boosts user satisfaction and engagement.
- Legal Compliance: Staying compliant with accessibility laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), is not just a legal requirement; it’s a commitment to equal access. Failure to meet these obligations can result in legal repercussions and damage to your reputation. Website accessibility consulting ensures that your online presence aligns with legal standards, mitigating the risk of legal action.
Incorporating website accessibility consulting into your digital strategy isn’t just about checking boxes—it’s about creating a more inclusive and user-friendly online environment. It allows you to reach a broader audience, enhance user satisfaction, and safeguard your business from potential legal issues. Prioritizing accessibility is not only a best practice but also a demonstration of your commitment to a more equitable digital landscape.
As a person with a disability and a certified rehabilitation counselor (CRC) who has been in the field for over 15 years, Kimberly possesses the insight, education and specialized skill to help your counseling business navigate the complex world of accessibility and disability.
Kimberly stands ready to help you with accessibility consulting and usability testing of your web site, online course or electronic forms. Software testing services include usability of JAWS, NVDA and low vision software packages.
Professional consulting services include:
- virtual public speaking
- rehabilitation coaching
- providing assistance with medical and psychological aspects of disability for patients with a brain injury, neurological disorder or blindness.
To get more information about these services including pricing sign up for a free 15-minute consult call here.